re:Brett's sick truck

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 14:30:53 EDT

Patrick,

I've got the Dak at the shop right now, and haven't heard any news as of
yet. They are supposed to go through it step by step to see if they can
find the problem. The bad part is, it may not act up for them. I drove it
yesterday for about 20 miles, with no probs... then coming out of the
grocery store, bam... it died. Fortunately started right back up and made
it home ok.

I do not lose any power to the dash, air conditioner, radio, etc. when this
happens. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this problem. It does it
when the motor is cold, it does it when it's hot. It does it at idle, it
does it on accel and decelleration. Doesn't matter if the air is on, or if
I'm using the brakes. Bumps in the road don't seem to cause it either.
TonyC and I have tossed all the ideas we could come up with that might help
us pinpoint the problem, and it just seems we can't figure out anything that
adds up.

I did tell them about the splice under the fuse box, so hopefully they'll
put an ohm meter down there to check continuity on some of the splices in
the harness.

Thanks for the input!

Later,
Brett Forehand