RE: CB Questions

From: tmfu (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 21:56:45 EDT

> Actually your hard pressed to get much over 20W out of a 148gtl
> even on SSB, unless it has an extra Amp module inside...
>
> Nice to see someone kows a classy radio, (o2A cybernet) was a shame when
> they went under...

The O2A I'm talking about is the PLL chip. That chip was one of the first
PLL chips used in CB's. Very easy to program (a couple of BCD thumbwell's
and a case, yer'll set). A DigiScan was always a nice add on. On my old 71
Datsun PU I had a pair of Hustler centerloads. Used to be able to light up
fluorescent bulbs from 10 feet away.. The Palomar 500 under the seat really
helped out.... ;-)

> I have a FEW of the o2A Export units left NEW, I took the last truckload
> that had come in... (been a few years now) I had everything from
> Colt Black Shadow DX's to Tristars, to Hy Gain's Lafayettes, etc..

Hmmmm.. interesting.... ;-)

Greg
2k1 Dodge Neon ES
Rahway, NJ