Re: Rear Braking Problems

From: Rob Cooley (rcooley@uplink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 15:21:30 EDT

Jon,

MIne does that too, but mostly on really humid days or days when its been
raining, especially overnight. I ease out of the parking lot, hit the
brakes, and wham, they seize up, and squeal loudly. It goes away after I
stop gently once or twice, I think it's moisture affecting the pads- I've
heard that semi metallic, or some other compound (can't remember which kind
it was) tends to absorb moisture and becomes sticky, sort of, and until the
heat buildup evaporates the water out of the brake pad surface, they behave
this way. Maybe replacing the pads might help. I've just chosen to live
with it (mine are still the stock pads from Dodge, btw).

Hope that helps,
Rob Cooley
94 CC 4x4 Sport, 3.9