Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Removing Factory Hangers

From: Martin Nowak (got-speed@cox.net)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 09:48:43 EDT

Eric,
Sorry to say I am not actually in the military, I worked at the headquarters
building of "Navy Exchange" here in Virginia Beach. I was one of many
systems administrators (Not in a store, uhhgg, its a good thing). Anyway I
was considered a govt/military employee (kind of a step above a civvi but
actual military status) and that is how I got my decals and id's. Too bad I
got laid off, but Istill have my decals and id's !!!
I grew up military tho, so i knew my way around the bases here. I frequent
Oceana NAB in VA Beach simply cause its got the best auto hobby shop around
here IMO. I like NOB Norfolk for its women ;)

I am sure tho that there are probably more lowered daks in the area, but for
the past year or so I have only seen 4 and that includes mine. The ford
truck plant is here in Norfolk, so mostly the adults here drive Fords and
the ricers drive hondus and acurahs. Not too many dodges cept for the neons
(you know military.....BUDGET ;)

Anyway let me know how the drop turns out

Marty

""Eric Jerman"" <ejerman69@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Well, I'm glad you know what I mean! What branch are you in and what base
> are you located? (Just out of curiousity). I have the lowering shocks
and
> all that...I do need to get my front end aligned still, but I have to wait
> until pay day until I can afford it. I'm sure you understand if you are
> military. I'm proud now knowing that I'm the first one on base to put
rims
> on a dak...wonder how I'll feel when my lowering kit is complete...there
> isn't a dak on base that is lowered with rims...there is one guy now that
> have my 18s that he went and got some...not that he's mimicking my style
or
> anything, but I was the first that I know of. It's a good
> feeling...considering that there are so many daks on base. Seems like
> everyday there is a new one rolling around. The only thing slowing down
my
> lowering kit is the fact that I can't really afford to go without my dak
for
> more than a day considering the amount of driving that I have to do
daily...
> Well I'm gonna get in bed...thanks again for all your help/ suggestions.
> Perhaps I will just have someone put on the rear for me...we'll have to
see.

But
> > the fact remains, you got a $500 kit and you want it finished right ? I
> know
> > the feeling, mine sat in my closet for 8 months unitll I had all the
extra
> > money saved up that I needed (New shocks, bushings, balljoints,
alignment,
> > tires, wheels, hobby shop fees, rear end fees) then I just took a
weekend
> > and did it. It felt so damn good knowing it was done and done right by
me
> > (ok so I watched the back, but at least I did THAT much). Now I am about
1
> > of 3 lowered daks in my area (southeast VA), that alone is a good
feeling.

> > OUTTA TOPIC NOW >>>Actually I got a good laugh when doing my
> truck....there
> > were 2 guys in the stall next to me that hacked the hell out of the
> springs
> > on a bmw, and when they got done and drove out, the springs DEseated
LOL.