Re: Re: Re: Re: Back to brakes

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 07:23:55 EDT

Sounds like you got it down pat as far as the bleeding procedure goes. I
seem to remember that there is a specific sequence though for which brake
gets bled first. If I remember right I think the pattern is left rear,
right rear, left front, right front, that way you bleed the brakes starting
from the one that farthest from the master cylinder and moving
progressively closer. Also, while you are under the truck and your
assistant is pumping the brakes, look over all the visible brake lines
(just find the tube behind the backing plate on the drums or follow the
hose from the top of the caliper) and make sure you do not see any signs of
fluid leakage.