Re: Re: Re: RE: Group Buy Rear Disc Brake Conversion kits...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 09:41:45 EDT

Hey, Gary!

<snip> switch the front brakes from disc to drum? I hate changing my pads &
rotors every year, > >

If you think changing the pads & rotors every year is a PITA, you'll kick
yourself for changing to drums. The process- just to change the shoes - will
probably take ya twice as long as changing the pads AND rotors! You need a
couple of specialized brake tools (spring removal/install, plus an
adjuster), although I have managed to do it with screwdrivers & needlenose &
visegrips...
 Change to Powerslots with the Raybestsos pads of your choice. I've had
mine in for about 8K mi & not so must as a "shimmy" from the front end.
(Excluding, of course, the loose lugnuts). I checked the pads the other day
when I retightened the lugnuts & they look as if they were just installed!
No visible sign of wear AT ALL!
I got shimmy from the OEMs at 6K on both sets of rotors...
It's your choice, of course...
HTH,

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )