Re: RE: Peeling paint on DC vehicles...

From: Eric Jerman (ejerman69@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 11:54:03 EDT

Ray,
  Not that I know if it works or not...but have you tried wet sanding your
truck and buffing it? Perhaps whatever is in your clear will come up and
you won't have anymore problems...? I don't know...just thought maybe it
might be worth a shot... Save you some dough on a new paint job though if
it does work...
  Just curious...but can't dealers do VIN checks to see if the car has been
wrecked or not? That's what CARFAX does right? I seem to remember the
dealer doing a VIN check on an old Lumina I had with a known paint peeling
problem a few years back and it wasn't even bought through that dealer!!!
You may want to try another dealer...or maybe I'm just wrong...I'm not
afraid to admit it! Just my .02 hope it helps though!