Re: How to de-sludge an engine?

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 09:59:57 EDT

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> That stuff does work...but be careful with it. It can dislodge larger
> "chunks" of sludge and they will not run through the oil passages
> (sometimes plugging them in the process - not good).
>
> Here's a very easy (and very old) trick: Drain 1qt oil from the
> crankcase, add 1qt ATF (Dexron works just fine), drive it for no more
> than 50 miles, drain oil, change filter, and replace with your favorite
> oil. While it's not as harsh as the solvent based engine cleaners...it
> is a high detergent lubricant and does keep engines rather clean. (Ever
> torn apart an automatic and seen how clean they are....at 100K+ miles?)
> ;)
>
> - Bernd

ATF also is a great Diesel fuel conditioner.

the Naptha in it makes it a great cleaner :)

--

emails with attachments are deleted, only plain text email is accepted Update: ken@kencofish.com is the new email address.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold, 401-781-9642 Importer/Exporter of Goldfish,Koi,rare Predators Shipping to legal states/countries only! Permalon liners, Oase & Supreme Pondmaster pumps

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.