RE: Changing Spark Plugs -Why are there heat shields

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 20:24:43 EDT

To see if you can figure out how to change the plugs with them on
there...you see, there are some folks at DC with time on their hands and
since they can't do anything else, DC lets them sit there and find ways to
aggravate the (5-star, 4-star, etc.) mechanics. If they can't figure out
how to do that, then they get one last chance to stymie the average
consumer. If they can't do that, they're laid off.....right before they
leave the plant (after they get their lay off notice), they take their air
tool and hit the plugs and lug nuts for one great twist...and they're
gone....to the unemployment office. ;-P

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD