RE: RE: Advice needed with Transmission leak-ANSWER

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 22:58:39 EDT

I think I just found the answer from a website called fleet-aid. Their
article pertains to limousines but some of our trucks do double duty work as
well. Here's an excerpt from that site:

The final knockout punch to the "methods of old" was the introduction of the
Automatic Transmission Fluid Exchangers. These machines use hydraulic pump
pressure to pump in the new fluid and pump out the old. This is
accomplished by hooking the machine up to one of the automatic transmission
cooler lines at the radiator. The only OEM approved machine is the ATF2000+
from Flo-Dynamics. It is sold by Chrysler, Ford and our firm as well as by
other suppliers of oil, etc. This machine, when used with synthetic trans.
fluid, provides the ultimate answer for durability. The vehicle also does
not need to be lifted or crawled under because the transmission sump filter
does not need replacement. In fact, this machine removes so much of the
sediment and materials typically left in the transmission that Ford Motor
Company states that you do not need to change the filter for 100,000 miles
(unless abnormal transmission operation has already been identified).

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD