New Meats

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 12:57:10 EDT

Alright, gents, this lucky man received a gift from grandma for graduating
high school and getting into university - a new set of tires for the Dak.
Luckily she informed me of this previous to my graduation, so I could smoke
the current tires almost off. Hey, a guy's gotta show off once in a while.
:-) There was a tire discussion a while back that I looked through in the
archives, but it mainly concerned wet traction and people complaining about
the lack of it on the stock Badyears, which aren't on the truck, so I'm
going to start my own discussion.

Firstly, and most definitely, I am in no way looking for off-road traction,
not only is the Dak 4x2, but also the most "off-road" this thing will likely
see is the dirt parking lot where I go mountain biking. Second, I won't be
hauling anything heavy on any sort of regular basis, so tires with a "light
truck" designation aren't required. Third, I live in Vancouver BC, Canada.
For those of you who don't know, it rains here, a lot, so good wet traction
is important. Last, though not least, I'm looking for decent grip in the
dry. Oh yeah, they should come in 235/70/15, as that's about as wide as I
can go on the rims I have (the mags from '92 that look like a pinwheel).

I'm actually looking quite heavily at getting some car radials. Something
along the lines of BFG Radial T/As, as I have had them on my previous
vehicle, and found them to be excellent. Any and all suggestions made along
the above criteria are most appreciated, and anecdotal evidence is usually
good. :-)