Re: Worlds Freakiest Tire Punture.

From: jkp (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 23:07:53 EDT

  I have had quite a few nails, screws and bolts, but never an animal part!
Just after I bought my new tires on my Dak I heard a clicking and got out
and checked and the right rear had an inch long screw in the tread, luckily
(knock on wood) it didn't puncture all the way thru, thank the tire god for
deep all-terrain tread. I also had the old Remington XT-120's that the cords
unwound in and the tires were seeping air like a sponge!! But the best was
an old beater Honda I was driving to work in about 70mph(downhill with a
tailwind!) and all of a sudden the car started vibrating real bad from the
right rear, I stopped and looked and the tire was shaped like an "S", it had
at least a 3" curve both ways from the rim. That was the first (and
hopefully last) time I saw that, I was lucky it didn't blow.
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
    <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>