Re: Help!! Get rid of the Z-tube??

From: Canucker Trucker (mal5@ualberta.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 16:02:50 EDT

One thing you could *try* that might work is to make your own 'resonate
chamber.' In the back passenger side of the 'z'-tube, drill and tap a hole
for an NPT fitting, then attach a decent sized hose (at least 1/2" dia. I'd
say) to the fitting, and run it to a chamber made of lexan or sheet metal or
something (maybe a 4L jug of something ... milk, oil, antifreeze?) ... you
could vary the volume of the chamber to find the optimum volume that cancels
the vibrations...(if you really had the time and $$ you could probably vary
the chamber size to get an optimum hp, maybe gain 1-2hp)...

how's that sound for a fix?
:)

--
Canuck
Y2K 4.7L 2wd 5spd

""crm"" <tb.crm@verizon.net> wrote in message news:005601c221f7$8ad0e5a0$7c6445a1@vatican2... > > hey guys, i have quite a quandry on my hands. i am having the gas pedal > vibration problem that some seem to get after installing an intake and > new/ported TB. it's serious enough to where i know it should be fixed, but i > am not sure how i wanna fix it. > > i feel fairly confident that the problem can be resolved by going back to > the stock airhat that has the resonator on it, but that would mean getitng > rid of my Z-tube. the dyno doesnt lie, and i know it helped out in the > power. but, i know i want to keep the Fastman TB, so that means finding a > fix somewhere else. > > Dan (the Fastman) suggested putting a little piece of sheet metal in the > Z-tube perpendicular to the TB butterfly to help create some turbulence and > help cancel/dampen the harmonics to where the vibration lessens. however, he > said he cant guarantee that it would completely resolve the vibration. his > idea was similar to what Bernd posted a while back. > > my other options would be to send back the Z-tube and exchange it for a > Stage II. or, i could go back to the stock setup with a drop-in K&N, minus > that oddly directed airhorn and a larger opening in the front of the airbox. > > so help me out PLZ! i wanna make the best decision that will produce the > most power while at the same time getting rid of the vibration. i only have > a couple days left to my 30 days on the Z-tube and i'm definitely keeping > the TB. any help would be greatly appreciated. > > -adam >