Help!! Get rid of the Z-tube??

From: crm (tb.crm@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 14:37:30 EDT

hey guys, i have quite a quandry on my hands. i am having the gas pedal
vibration problem that some seem to get after installing an intake and
new/ported TB. it's serious enough to where i know it should be fixed, but i
am not sure how i wanna fix it.

i feel fairly confident that the problem can be resolved by going back to
the stock airhat that has the resonator on it, but that would mean getitng
rid of my Z-tube. the dyno doesnt lie, and i know it helped out in the
power. but, i know i want to keep the Fastman TB, so that means finding a
fix somewhere else.

Dan (the Fastman) suggested putting a little piece of sheet metal in the
Z-tube perpendicular to the TB butterfly to help create some turbulence and
help cancel/dampen the harmonics to where the vibration lessens. however, he
said he cant guarantee that it would completely resolve the vibration. his
idea was similar to what Bernd posted a while back.

my other options would be to send back the Z-tube and exchange it for a
Stage II. or, i could go back to the stock setup with a drop-in K&N, minus
that oddly directed airhorn and a larger opening in the front of the airbox.

so help me out PLZ! i wanna make the best decision that will produce the
most power while at the same time getting rid of the vibration. i only have
a couple days left to my 30 days on the Z-tube and i'm definitely keeping
the TB. any help would be greatly appreciated.

-adam