Re: Re: Re: Help!! Get rid of the Z-tube??

From: Canucker Trucker (mal5@ualberta.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 17:38:31 EDT

http://www.intenseperformance.com/products/products.html

Kyle, check there. I'm not a big fan of them because they remove two things
that the stock intake has:

1) heat isolation - there's only cold air coming in if you're moving
2) it doesn't have the resonate chamber the stock one does.

There's a lot of guys here that swear by them, so I know I'm gonna get some
heat for knocking them :) but I haven't found an aftermarket intake I like
so I'm in the process of making my own.

--
Canuck
Y2K 4.7L 2wd 5spd

""Kyle Vanditmars"" <kylevan@telus.net> wrote in message news:aft47j$4pq$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > As an aside, I have a question. Sorry I can't help, but I don't even know > what a Z-tube is... That is my question. I've heard it referred to several > times, but haven't a clue what a Z-tube is or does. So, what is a Z-tube? > >