Re: Ram on fire!

From: Got-Speed \(Marty\) (Got-Speed@cox.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 21:49:51 EDT

My brother was actually hot rodding a grand am once and parked it in a feild
of dead corn for a graduation party. 10 minutes later we smelled burning and
being the drunk f#$ks we were we thought the bonfire was going out... Put
more wood on it. No help. We look over and the bush around his car was in
flames (about 100 ft away in the oppisite direction) luckily no harm done to
his car, but he was sober after seeing that ;)

Marty

"Jon" <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message

> Saw an interesting thing today... Its been pretty hot here lately in
> western NY (90 or so) and we were standing around outside waiting for a
> contractor to arrive. We saw him drive up in his Ram ('94-01 style). He
> got out of the truck, walked around to the passenger side, and we see him
> digging around under the truck where the bed meets the cab, and there were
> flames coming out of there - a good 2-3 feet high! He pulls out this blue
> towel, in several pieces, each piece of which was in flames! As soon as
> I saw a Mopar on fire I went for the extinguisher, but in the 5-10 seconds
> it took to get it, he had gotten all the burning pieces out. He said
when
> he pulled in he smelled something, and thought we had a burn pile going
> or something, then noticed some smoke coming from his truck and found some
> flames there too! He stamped out the towel, but it was smoldering for a
> good long while until I finally dumped a gallon of water on it.
>
> My guess is that the towel came out of the bed, and slipped down between
> the cab and the bed, and came to rest on the exhaust pipe. I'm not too
> familiar with that particular body style, but on my '92 Ram and my '96
Dak,

jon@jonsteiger.com -----.

http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'