'97 v6 Gibson Noise!!!!!!!!!

From: Chris Lambert (mopar287@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 08:12:49 EDT

I have a buddy here at work that ordered a Gibson side
swept alumanized and a high flow convertor and he is
getting an in the cab resonance, pretty bad too fot a
6 so I ahve the following questions for those who have
a '97-'99 V6 2wd, 5 speed preferable, standard cab,
short bed:

1. does this seem right? at about 3k RPM it starts
getting really loud in the cab.
2. should this system have come with a 3" in / out
muffler even thought the factory tubing is like 2.25"
or 2.5"???
3. Do you think it is mostly due to the convertor and
less the exhaust?

I know the Gibson is usally great as that is what I
have on my 2000 4.7 and I love it. but this really is
annoying.

Can anyone help?????????

Thanks,
Chris