Re: Careful with Soft Tonneau covers

From: Donald Mallett (mallett@prepaidlegal.com)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 12:24:36 EDT

   I found the little nicks in the back of my cab also. I've toyed with the
idea of drilling a small hole down thru the side rail into the slide part of
the back rail and put a screw or a pin to stop it from sliding foward and
hitting the cab. Never got a round to it I guess ;p I took care of the nicks
with a little touch up paint.

   Shortly after I got my QC I put Anti-Slip Tape on all door the sills. Got
this tape from Pep Boys. I found the left over roll and placed a pice of
this 2 inch wide Anti-Slip Tape from the body seam (including inside the
seam) just below at end of the rear window running it to the other end of
the window. This will protect the paint just under the rear window. I want
to have this same area done whith the spray in liner when the time comes.
One of these days I'll post a pix on my site along with outher work done
latly ;) May I add that it look great with the tonneau cover and the tinted
rear window!!

Don Mallett
'00 Dodge Dakota QC, 4.7L Auto @ http://www.geocities.com/maldbnsf
Rest listed at dakota profile @