Re: batteries

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 09:10:46 EDT

At 08:40 AM 7/5/02 -0400, you wrote:
>under "normal" wear and tear, how long should the factory battery last ???

5 years is the norm figure that I see in automotive articles.

The one in my Dak lasted 5 (mainly city driving, above average periods
between usage, and 1/4-mi. runs) before it would not hold a slow charge.
The one in my 96 Grand Caravan (about 1.5 hr. per day of hiway driving
until last fall) is still operating well.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG