Re: Re: Question on the 45RFE tranny

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 02:00:22 EDT

I did find one coming soon, but it was like $250+! Nice too, larger capacity
for ATF, milled fins on the bottom, with drain plug. I'm looking for the
poor mans drain thing that you drill a hole in the pan and screw the 2
pieces together with washers to seal it. I know this dose not drain %100 of
the ATF but I rather have %10 of it poor on me then %100 of it at fluid &
filter(s) change time. I would be more like to change it more often.
Speaking of change the ATF, Can the 45RFE use Royal Purple ATF? Or what the
best deal for the 45RFE? One last question... When changing from brand-X ATF
to a higher grade ATF what's the best way to change out most of the old
crap?

--
Don Mallett