Re: DML BBQ (was: Weather report)

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.news@bleazard.net)
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 12:57:25 EDT

On Sun, 07 Jul 2002 04:27:26 -0400, Mallett, Donald B wrote:

> I'm really afraid to ask is the smoke listed in the weather report from
> the DML BBQ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yeah, I'm sure it's the smoke from Adam's tires that just took that
long to get to the reporting station :-). No actual fires started, but
lots of smoke and bad smells / noises coming from lots of vehicles. In a
way, I'm glad we left our shiny new Quad Cab parked at the barn and had a
safe reliable ride home. Of course, I wish I could have trailered down
our other truck and joined in the fun, but I'm still scratching my head
trying to figure out how to pull that one off.

What an awesome time. Although Norah and I do definitely feel hung over
(and no, we didn't have anything to drink, unless you count the
caffienated American Mountain Dew that I've gotten used to being
without). I guess being up for 25 hours straight and sort of forgetting
about eating dinner will do that to me now. I used to do stuff like that
all the time in the line of my duties as a college student 10 years ago,
but now all I can say is I must be getting too old for this kind of
nonsense :-).

That's okay, it was worth the "day after" to finally see that waterfall
conquered and hear the disbelief in the Jeep drivers' voices as they
whispered in awe "boy, I thought it was impressive when a Jeep made it up
that... but a ***DAKOTA*** !!!! And TWO Dakotas at that!" Yeah, guys,
Jeeps aren't the only 4x4s on the planet, and judging by the broken parts
tally, I'd still say the Daks are tougher overall. :-)

Hope everyone else gets home okay... be sure to check in and let us know.
 Especially those unfortunate enough to be having mechanical issues, I'm
sure we all want to know how things turn out.

Thanks again to Jon and Jon's parents for letting a bunch of crazed
lunatics invade your property.

Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario