RE: Re: RE: I need serious help...

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 11:20:14 EDT

Jason,

Don't just replace the cap. Go to a shop, any shop that has a pressure
tester. It's just a little manual pump that fits on your radiator in place
of your cap. You can pump it up to 15 psi and make sure it holds it without
leaking. If it doesn't, you need to find the source of the leak. If it
doesn't leak, then it could be the cap. It also could still be the water
pump.

The reason I asked if you had removed your belt before isn't because you
need to replace it. Sometimes people replace them incorrectly causing the
water pump not to rotate in the correct direction. You only need to replace
it if:

1) there's a lot of slack and you can't put any more tension on it.
2) there's cracks in the belt or it's fraying.
3) it's squealing.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD