Re: I need serious help...

From: jkp (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 07:13:40 EDT

  I know this is a little late and hopefully you have your problem fixed by
now, but I am just checking my mail. I definitely agree with checking the
radiator cap, they can give you fits and cause inconsistent overheating and
here is another thing you should check; the hoses. You said they weren't
leaking, but is it possible they are collapsing? This usually isn't a
problem anymore since most have a spring inside, at least on the bottom
hose. This used to be a common problem though, the hose would get soft and
suck shut, causing no coolant to flow. Then you would shut the vehicle off
and check it when it cooled down and by then the hose would open back up,
definitely make you go crazy! This may or may not be the problem, but since
you said it was inconsistent I thought I would suggest checking it out!
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
    <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>