Re: Well, I am home from the BBQ

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 13:58:02 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I *would* like to make some changes to the pit though. I think there's
> too much water and not enough mud - we need to change it from its current
> "gumbo broth" configuration into something closer to molasses. :-)
>
> I learned my lesson at Daktoberfest when there was even more water in
> the pit and I was hitting it hard - got a little bit of water in the
> engine. If you go slammin' into the thing, bad things can happen. :-(
> Sneaky lil' devil, that pit!

Exactly, Jon. I don't remember who suggested it, was it you? But the
idea of
pushing one of those little mounds of dirt at the one end of the pit,
into the pit area, seemed like a good idea to me. That way the trucks
can get a nice thick coat of glop all over them as opposed to a film of
dirt and sputtering engines.

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow