Re: Air Filter and Plug ???s

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 14:53:30 EDT

> A K&N drop in filter is a good, reasonably low cost filter.
Not quibbling about the quality, but if you have a pinging problem, allowing
more air into the engine will aggravate the problem, by leaning the air/fuel
mixture, thus making for a hotter running engine.

I would suggest making sure the belly pan gasket is good, engine is in good
tune, plug wires/cap/rotor are good, and using a quality fuel.
Then I would progress to the 180 t-stat.
I don't know, I always make sure everything is as it should be first.
A mod can make things worse.
My two cents, which isn't worth two cents.

Jon
STL MO