Re: RE: Well, I am home from the BBQ

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 20:27:05 EDT

Neil W. Bellenger wrote:

> Great weekend, great time, great friends, great pictures. Thanks Jon!
>
> Four hours of Sunday afternoon was spent with the pressure washer. The BFG
> MT's came off one at a time, and the suspension was thoroughly hosed off,
> and then all fittings greased. My front lawn now has a "mud mound" where I
> did all the work. The AC condenser, the trans cooler, and the radiator were
> all blasted well with water but there is still more of a temperature rise
> then I am happy with. More flushing seems in order.
> I'm glad to hear that everyone will be arriving home safely, with or without
> their truck.

Hi Neil - Glad to know you and the Dak are home safe and sound. Seems
you and I are the only two Daks that made it home with no mechanical
damage to our trucks. (besides Ed and Jason and Norah)

After all these reports that are coming in, I am going to seriously
think about taking on the mud pit and the trails again. Major
modifications will have to be made to Granpa before he goes through the
pit again. Gotta safeguard my daily driver.

I had lots of fun and I am glad I got to meet you and everyone else.
Lets hope for a better BBQ next time! This one left just about everyone
limping.

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow