RE: Shell, cover, topper, etc. recommendations.

From: CML (cmlodermeier@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 08:54:36 EDT

> From: "jkp" <jkp61@horizonview.net>
> Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 06:38:43 -0400
> To: "DML" <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
> Subject: DML: Shell, cover, topper, etc. recommendations.
>

> I have seen several nice looking shells on Daks this past weekend and
was
> wondering if anyone on here has one they could recommend. I like the
> fiberglass ones that are cab level, painted to match with tinted
windows,
> and the side windows slide open. The only thing is I saw most of
those on
> the GenIII's and on the GenII's they had the ones that raised up like
> wedge. Since the tonneau covers fit both, the shells should too,
shouldn't
> they?
> Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
> <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>

John - I have had a ARE Z-series cap for my Quad. It is fiberglass,
cab-high with tinted windows & has crank-out side windows (not
sliders). The front window also is hinged to the inside of the cap so
I can open it to clean & dry the back window of the truck & the front
window of the cap. Seems to be a pretty useful feature. I have gotten
quite a few compliments on how well it compliments the truck.

Ed in CA has a snugtop which he seems quite pleased with as well. Let
me know if you want any more detailed information.

=====
Chris
digest mode