Re: More Lowering - Ground Force

From: Got-Speed \(Marty\) (Got-Speed@cox.net)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 09:44:21 EDT

Blocks and Cutting = A very ghetto R/T.
Never cut the factory front springs, you will have a harsh + bumpy ride and
the springs could pop out of the perches. Never use blocks in the rear,
first off your leaf springs will sit lower to the ground and they will
scrape on pot holes, speed bumps, etc. Second they have a tendency to pop
out under torque, leaving your axel sitting 10 feet away from your truck.
Blocks are fine for 4 banger chevys that have no power or weight. Do
yourself a favor and do it right, You already have an R/T, therefore your
stock springs are allready a 1" drop. Just add 2" lower control arms up
front. you will keep the factory ride quality and get the dropped looks and
handling. Out back you can install hangars at all 4 leafspring to frame
mounting points. The most common is a 3" drop in front and a 5" drop in
back. The control arms up front can be bought for $230 and the hangars in
the back for about $150. These can be got from www.sporttruckdirect.com

It may seem like a lot but you will save wear and tear down the road wich =
more money in your pocket for the long run. Look at my webpage for pics of
my 3/5 drop.

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed