Re: (3) 2 quarts low--need expert advice!

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 17:42:03 EDT

Thanks to everyone, and especially Bob Tom, for the input.
Unfortunately I think we're talking the worse case scenario
here. I got my courage up enough to take off the intake tube
and cap and look at the TB . . . guess the K&N doesn't filter
out muddy water. :( I'm not sure how much got down into the
intake manifold, but I guess enough to cause the problems I'm
experiencing. I should have taken the Adam Blaster's comments
to heart after I stalled in the mud pit . . . I thought I had
got the distributor wet enough to cause a misfire, but in
hindsight, it appears Adam was right about sucking down some
water. I wish I would have checked the intake then . . . jeez,
I feel pretty dumb about this whole deal. I don't know why I
always learn my lessons the expensive way. :(

Here's my game plan:
1. Clean the engine bay of mud.
2. Clean the air filter, intake tube, TB, and manifold. Can I
squirt some sort of solvent cleaner (carb cleaner?) down the
manifold? What's the best product?
3. Change the oil and oil filter.
4. Check spark plugs and note condition.
5. Peform Bob Tom's check list.
6. Cross my fingers and run it for ~300 miles (assuming I get
past #5) and change the oil again.

Wish me luck . . . I need it.

Thanks again,
Jason Y