Re: The Jeep saga

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 23:24:09 EDT

Granpa Silver89 wrote:

> Andy Levy wrote:
>

>> I think the trails (and waterfall) are to blame for Dakota's
>> explosion, Rob's trashed axle (that's an easy one) and probably
>> Patty's transmission. The alternators are definitely the mudpit, but
>> now we know how to fix that :) . As for you, me, Jason & Adam, I
>> don't know what exactly did it. Mudpit was definitely a strong
>> contributing factor though.
>>

> I had a few thoughts Andy. About the transfercases... they have vent
> tubes correct? I'm not sure about the transmissions... but if water
> seeped into the cases through vent tubes - could that account for some
> of the transmissions going out and Dakota's T-Case?

As far as I know, all the running gear (both diffs, the t-case and the
tranny) all have vent tubes. The front axle vent tube is up in the
engine compartment, and I think the rear axle one is under the bed. As
for the rest, I can't find them in my FSM; there's no entry for "Vent
tubes" or anything in the index.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com