Re: DML BBQ: Oh the humanity!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 02:10:30 EDT

"Dakota Dodge" <dakotasdodge@hotmail.com> wrote:

: Jon -
: The truck IS closer...its only in Rochetser...

: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

: I might...might be calling you in a few days....

  Heh heh heh! The truck is only 2 hours away from me - Denny's
Driveshaft's are only 1 hour away... Uh oh, I think I see where
this is going! ;-) The parts are all in the right place, the
question is where do you find the money and the time? :-)

   Hmmmm, I DO usually take a week off to go to Oshkosh which I
won't be doing this year so I guess technically I may be able
to take a week off somewhere... :-) Just keep in mind I've
never done something like this before, though it sounds like a
matter of finding a decent location, fabricating some brackets to
mount it, cutting a hole in the floor for the levers (you might
have to lose/modify your console) and then measuring for, ordering,
and installing the driveshafts. :-)

  Hmmmm.... I just did some searching - it looks as if the Atlas
might bolt right in place of the 231! There appears to be different
versions meant to replace several different transfer cases. Might
be easier than I thought! :-)

  For example: http://www.4x4now.com/butjc.htm

  I wonder if they have a Dak application? Probably not but one
of the others like the TJ 231 might work... ? They also have a
single lever or dual lever - with the single I suppose it might
be possible to keep your stock lever. Looks like you can shift
into and out of low range without being in neutral too. Interesting
stuff! :-)

  You might want to contact Advanced Adapters - they have a contact
form on their web site at http://www.advanceadapters.com/ where you can
specify what you want to do and they will get back to you...

  Here I go again trying to spend other people's money! Jason Bleazard
can vouch for that! ;-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'