Doing a cooling system flush this week and wanted to...........

From: Donald Mallett (mallett@prepaidlegal.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 15:12:43 EDT

Doing a cooling system flush this week and wanted to up grade the t-stat, I
have the GT755-180 gen2 in the 4.7 now. Can't remember the brand name but
that's the part number from the receipt. I'm looking for a 180deg (again)
with a higher flow rate, I feel this will help a little with the cooling.

Now here's a harder question... What is the thread size on the drain plug on
the back side of the T-stat housing in the 4.7L? I think its the same as the
plug on the engine side by the upper hose. Think its used as a air vent?

Would it help the cooling if the pulley for the water pump was replaced with
a small diameter pulley? This would increase the rpm of the water pump. I
know this is backward to common thinking looking for more HP, But I feel
this would be worth it.

What is the water wetter that's everybody is recommending now a days?

Any other ideas or hints would help.

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
http://Geocities.com/maldbnsf/