RE: Re: Vent Session

From: Paul.Tomlinson (Paul.Tomlinson@gov.yk.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 12:43:31 EDT

Apparently in some states this device is illegal unless you are disabled,
something to do with it being unsafe driving with one hand all the time.
Why do you think it is called a suicide knob????

And not to start a pissing match, but they did offer you a loaner, it was
you who turned it down after they refused to modify their vehicle (and yes
this is a modification, small but still a modification). Oh and then they
gave you a ride home too, which you kinda abused with the 45 minute grocery
trip. Probably they could have been more tactful then to call your mother,
but if it was me dealing with you I would have wondered what was up too.
You talk about getting very upset and wanting to pull the steering wheel out
of the driver's hands all over something that isn't that big of a deal (ok
if you have a medical reason for needing it then there is a little bit to
get upset over, but if that is the case did you bother to tell them?). And
in your own words you were "pissing everyone else there off" by doing what
you wanted in the waiting room before any of this loaner car business
started.

Sorry, but up to the point where they called your mother I can't see a real
reason to get upset. They were working on your truck, they offered to fix
it for free because they made a mistake on an earlier repair, they offered
you a loaner, they gave you a ride home when you turned down the loaner and
they even let you get groceries.

Paul

2001 Intense Blue CC 4x4 4.7 5-speed