RE: Mopar engine builder claims stock Magnum engine rocker arms are 1.74 ratio instead of 1.6

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 14:35:57 EDT

>Never mentioned if the motor he was working on was touched before..
>Probably already had aftermarket 1.7 rockers in it...

Does anyone make a stamped steel 1.7 rocker? If not, then I would have to
believe that he knows the difference ;)

>I have 100% proof
>difference between a set of roller 1.6 and 1.7s... PLUS, the performance
>increase of the 1.7 over my stock setup (dyno numbers/timeslips to prove
>it).

I believe you, I too have seen the charts. And, I've never heard of anyone
saying that they didn't notice any change after installing the 1.7's.
Personally, I'd love to put either 1.7's or a larger cam in my truck, it's
just not in the budget right now.

John