Re: Any Gen II owners running 15x8 rims?

From: jkp (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 22:53:02 EDT

       I am running them on my '96 4X4 with no noticeable trouble from the
rims. They look GREAT!!!and improved handling over the 6". I have 30x9.50
tires on them. The only thing I have noticed is I now have a little rub on
the right side when turned all the way L or R. I have repeatedly looked and
cannot find a mark on the tire or body to see what is hitting, yet it sounds
like the edge of the tread hitting something. I had no clearance issues with
the 6", but the tires were bulged in the middle. Also I have noticed that in
the past few months the R side has started to drop a little, almost an inch
lower than the Left. This could be the reason for the rubbing on the right
side, but at this time I don't know why it has dropped or where the tire is
hitting. If it was the wheel hitting the control arm, etc. I figure it would
be a metal sound which it is not.
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
    <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>