RE: Re: WARNING: The Petroleum Equipment Institute

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 22:54:01 EDT

Actually, Jon, California went through the same thing....when all the
stations started going self-serve. Some idiot in government figured the
general public would set up the hose and start pumping and walk away from it
thereby leaving it unattended. Apparently when it was full-serve there was
always an attendant around. They finally figured out the stay-on devices
were much safer than human beings anyway...either that or the idiot was
appointed to another department where he couldn't hamper people anymore.
Anyway, all of our pumps now have stay-on devices on them again.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD