RE: Was Another O2 thing on Ebay, Now: Tornado

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 12:27:57 EDT

>What happens if the device is connected to the TB unit for those who have
>the Z-Tube?

Steve,
      I don't have the Z-tube and I wasn't entirely sure what it is. So, I
looked it up and its what I thought it was. You can go to the Tornado web
site and you can order one based on the size of the air tube. The one for
my truck looks like a small fan mounted in an metal ring. There is also an
option to order a alternate style for those that don't have the flat,
rectangular air filter. If you run one of the old style round air filters
mounted on top of the TB, you can get one that looks like a heater blower
for inside the filter housing. The only thing I could'nt see from the pics
of the Z-tube was how it's connected to the throttle body. Is there a
rubber boot for some type of shock insulation? If so, you might be able to
get one that would fit just inside there. Failing that, I don't know if you
could mount one on the Z-tube. And thanks for the retirement congrats. I
retired about 3 years ago but still manage to get my hand greasy dirty
working on my Dak and others folks rides. Only thing is though, I don't get
the same rush from performance tests, there's just something about 30-40K
pounds of thrust per engine at your fingertips. LOL.

Ray
Dover, De