Re: Spark Plug Changing

From: Lance Robertson (lance@roberstonland.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 21:41:18 EDT

So which ones are best? Every where I go I get 5224's suggested for my
truck. The 3923 seem like a totally different plug. Also is Platinum or
double platinum best?

Does taking off the air hat give a good access to the plugs? It sure is a
mess under that hood.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Lance

<SEMIHEMI01@aol.com> wrote in message news:180.a6a315b.2a65d160@aol.com...

> Lance,
> First thing on the 4.7L is to find a safe place, out of the way, to
put
> the nut that holds the coil down. Remove nut, coil connection plug, coil
and
> then the plug in that order. DO ONE PLUG AT A TIME. Gap new plug and
apply
> anti-seize compound to plug threads and install plug. Put boot lube on the
> "O"-Rings of the coil and install the coil. Then install the nut and
> reinstall the coil plug.
> The reason for doing one plug at the time and keeping the nut in a
safe
> place til you are ready to install, it is because if you drop anything
into
> the plug hold, it goes straight into the cylinder. So, if there's nothing
> around to drop into the hole you're safe. Plug type is your choice but
I've