RE: Front Brake Rotors Warping

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 10:10:53 EDT

Why they warp:

- Cleaning the vehicle after returning from somewhere. Not allowing the
rotors to cool down.
- Cheap grade metal material that cannot adhere high temperatures
- Not enough ventilation to cool the rotors.
- Rotors are to small for the size of the vehicle in braking requirements

MY 02 CENTS: Upgrade to a aftermarket rotor that provides adequate cooling
abilities and use high-temp rotor pads.
Steven St.Laurent
C4i System Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA