Re: Re: RE: Mike Leach Flash

From: LarryH1019@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 23:34:41 EDT

Canuck,

Do my best to answer your questions:

1. KB installed in 98 5.2 Dak. Sport, 4x4, 5 spd.
2. Generally pleased, not sure I would do again.
3. Cost was around $5k which included professional install at local speed
shop.
4. Have had lean burn "bump" when it goes from vacuum to boost. Was
helped a
       lot with the KB "Big Gulp" option, 180 degree thermostat, and
Hypertech
       Module. Also am on my third belt even though I tend to keep rpm's in
lower
       ranges.
5. Boost starts around 1K RPM.
6. Lost about 1 to 1.5 MPG
7. Kit was used and was missing the upgraded intake manifold gasket needed
       control rupture from the boost.
8. Only other mods. are Gibson single exhaust and Hurst shifter.
9. PCM has not been touched. SC comes with its own computer called an
      "Optimizer.
10. Can only run 92/93 octane.
11. Has not been dyno'd or raced.
12. Depends on expectations. I think it is better for the 5.2/5.9 due to hp
and
       torque being lower in rpm range. Also is much better on auto as there
is less
       rpm drop when gears changed.

The quality of the KB equipment is pretty high but not as sure they have
complete handle on their computer programing for the DCM products. Also a
lot of people, including myself, have experienced less that satisfactory
to any question/problem to be "it was not installed correctly". Do recommend
the "Big Gulp" option, if they still sell it. It gets you a larger TB,
larger intake tubes, smaller pulley, more agressive programing for
"Optimizer", 160 degree thermostat, etc.

Hope this helps some.