Rear brake lock up

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 23:54:01 EDT

Well this is a new one for me.

As I was pulling out of my carport this am, my rear brakes locked up and
my tires were scrubbing the ground. I was doing no more than 10 MPH
coming down the alley (my carport is in the back of my house) and I was
simply stepping on the brakes slowly and normally (not stomping on them).

Originally I thought it was my front brakes. Knowing that the rotors
tend to rust a little if the truck has not been driven for a while - I
thought this was the cause. (even though I just drove the truck the
night before) It was not until I got out on the main street that I
realized this problem was not going away! I looked out the window and
saw it was not the front, but instead the back. I put my hazard lights
on and started to make my way back to my house when I heard a noise from
under the truck. It sounded like a "foomp" (can't really describe it).
Next thing I know my brakes are operating normally.

Any ideas as to what caused my truck to leave 15 foot black streaks down
the street every time I hit the pedal?

(the BRAKE not the GAS - heh my truck can't do burn outs very well)

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow