Viper Fan was: Questions for everyone

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 11:20:13 EDT

I know the Viper fan is 24x17, but anyone know
the thickness or depth? I wouldn't mind trying this
with my new radiator.

George

Post from the past by TonyC:

The entire assembly (fan and shroud) measure 24x17. The fan itself is 17 in
diameter. There are 2 flavors out there. The earlier one has the fan
centered, the later one doesn't. I have the earlier version.

They are a 2 speed setup. One ground, 2 hots. Energize one hot - low
speed, energize the other hot - hi speed. The Viper uses 2 relays. One acts
as an on/off, the other takes a feed from the PCM and determines hi or low.
I'm wiring it with a single relay to run high speed only. Based on a temp
sensor, or a manual override switch.

TonyC