Whats this code mean?

From: JAMEPC@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 20:26:24 EDT

I have an OBD I truck that pulls a 52. My scanner reads "Sustained rich
mixture exceeds range of control". The Haynes manual says "Oxygen sensor
stuck at rich position".
So, is it that my o2 sensor is "stuck" and needs replacing? Or do I have an
overly rich condition that the properly functioning o2 sensor is catching but
can't correct?
The o2 sensor voltage is fluctuating as it should be (jumping from lean to
rich) which make me think it working properly. Maybe it's malfunctioning
sporadically?
Thanks for the help,
James