This is getting ridiculous......

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 00:00:43 EDT

Well, most of you probably know that i had engine trouble at Jon's when we
had the BBQ, and that the Dak has been at a dealer for the last 2 weeks.
I picked it up today, and with the help of a friend, and Jon's tools, we
changed the oil in Jon's garage.
We left in the early evening, and got through the border without incident,
then my friend and i parted ways, he headed to his home, and i started the
2nd half of my drive home.
But, i didn't get all that far....
About an hour later, i noticed what seemed to be some sort of burning leaves
smell, but it seemed to be coming from my truck, and i didn't see any fires
on anyone's property around me. So, i started to pull over, but noticed
that i had no power steering.... hmmm....
Anyway, i ipulled over in a small town, and popped the hood.
That is when i saw my serpentine belt wrapped around the clutch fan... Most
of you may know this is not the proper position of the belt....
I untangled it, and found that it was rather brittle, and had a split on the
back side.
It was at this moment that i recalled the consideration that i pondered
about replacing this exact belt, PRIOR to the BBQ, and thinking that i
"really" should have taken the time to do it back then....
So, i got a tow to my friend's place, the same friend that had driven me to
Jon's earlier in the day, and we took a look at it together in his driveway.
  The idler pulley was stuck against the plate that it was bolted to, and
didn't spin.
We pulled it off and the bearings inside were toasted, but that is all that
we could find wrong with the pullies, or anything else inside.

So, we're hoping to the replacement pulley and belt tomorrow, and get them
back in, and i'll be on my way home again, this will be attempt no. 3 to get
home WITH my Dak. hehehe

Oh, and if we can't get it back on the road by ourselves, i may just torch
it, and claim the insurance. BUT NONE OF YOU HEARD NOTHIN!!!!
;-)

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....