Optima Yellow Top Battery

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 01:23:49 EDT

After visiting Optima's website, I decided to
go with the yellow top battery (deep cycle).
The specs are:

650 CCA
120 Reserve capacity

Sitting in traffic for 30 mins to 1 hour should
be now problems since this battery will provide
2 hours of continuious operation at 25 amps. My
flex dual fans are 10 amps each. My ASP undercrank
pulley won't allow a full charge until 1100 rpms
so I thought this Optima would be the way to go.
I hope I bought the right one for the job. I've
heard the red tops are tough as nails and don't
even dim in heavy use.

George