RE: Gage or Gauge?

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 10:11:40 EDT

Gauge is the British spelling, gage is the American spelling. The American
spelling is nearly obsolete, though many shops that manufacture and deal
exclusively with gages spell it as gages. Legal documents, however, use it
as gauge because they always take the preferred spelling. The dictionary
prefers gauge to gage, but gage is still acceptable. Okay, I'm done with
that. I don't want to see this word again....... ;-)

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD