Re: ABS and Trouble Code question

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 17:23:50 EDT

Hey, DML!
While this isn't EXACTLY a response to the above mentioned subject, it IS
about the DAKSY's ABS...
Driving home from Albany on I-90 at about 4:40 -65 MPH - in the left lane
plenty a room between me & a Blue Silverdildo - listening to WEQX - singing
to the jams - and HOLY SH*T! A cloud of dust & a ricerette bites the big
one! Musta got too close to the median & the grass grabbed her, & she bit
the guard rail in a 360! Brake lights...brake lights..NUTHIN BUT BRAKE
LIGHTS! I jumped on the Powerslot pedal
..........&..........JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ!!!! I watched the safety zone disappear before my
very eyes!! I couldn't go to the middle lane & the ABS just didn't seem like
they were gonna keep me from makin a Solar Yellow mess! I just rammed my
foot down as hard as my old 175 lb., 50-year-old a$$ could push and
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!.....THE BRAKES LOCKED!!! I stopped within 5 feet of
the 'Dildo & (afraid to look in the mirror) waited for the inevitable
rear-ender....Nothing! WHEW! Well, the old adrenaline is still causing an
erretic heartbeat 30 mins later! I couldn't even tell what kinda car it was
it was so rounded off...A couple-three vehicles pulled over to offer
assistance... The little chickie driver was just starin out the
windshield...with kinda deer-in-the-headlights eyes...but at least she had
her seatbelt on!
Now, WHY DID MY BRAKES LOCK? Did I jam the ABS into submission?

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K 0n AIM)
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4

Home Page: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/