Re: Weird problem Hard to explain, pls read !

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 14:09:09 EDT

Sounds like the pump isn't retaining pressure after you shut it off. This is
a pretty common prob that I thought they had fixed by 98, try this, when you
go to start it turn the key to the accesory position for a couple seconds
then back the the off position, then back to the accesory postion for a
couple more seconds, then crank it, thi will prime thefuel system with
pressure, if it starts right up then its is you pump. My pump has had this
prob for 5 years now as well as a bad float for the gauge, I just prime it
every time b4 I start it because I dont want to blow the money on a pump.

John S