Re: Need advice on drilling through bed

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 05:46:47 EDT

At 04:03 AM 7/28/02 +0000, you wrote:
> What I would probably do is, after drilling the holes and making sure
>that the box is going to bolt in correctly, remove the bolts, make sure
>the area is clean, and hit it with some spray paint. (primer, white,
>whatever). Then, after you get the bolts in place and have everything
>bolted down, you may want to fill the gaps on the top and bottom with
>silicone sealer. The paint should protect the bare metal, and the
>silicone will do the same while also helping to prevent water from ever
>reaching the paint in the first place and also preventing water from
>getting up into your toolbox. -Jon-

Agreed. The metal filings from the drilling are a killer.
Clean thoroughly.

Being in Ont., you can do the following as the last step.
Go to CTire and buy a can of Rust Check. Spray top
and bottom (if possible) sides of the bolts. Rust Check
(or similar type product) will creep into any spacings
and protect.

Bob