Weights, Capacities, OWNERS MANUAL

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 15:18:29 EDT

RANT IN PROGRESS, proceed with caution.
Interesting thread about goosenecks, towing, truck capacities. . . .
Dodge puts a manual in the glove compartment that gives info on just about
everything that has been in this thread.
Tells what all the knobs and switches do, service intervals, where the spare
tire is, tire rotation diagram, AND
PAYLOADS: Gross Combined Weight Rating "Total Truck, Trailer, Cargo, People,
and Fluids"
Find your engine size in the chart, find your rear end ratio, and look up
what your Gross Combined Weight is.
Stickers on the door edge give Gross Vehicle Weight Rating and the Gross
Axle Weight Ratings. .
Year after year it's easier to type on a keyboard than to get out the book
at look up the answer.
Once in a great while, someone buys a used truck with no owners' manual,
this is understandable but there can't be that many DML members that don't
have or can't find this little book.
Now, SPECIFICS:
One week ago, I had Dakota Dodge's truck on my trailer and towed it to my
house from the shop where it was stored.
My truck: '99 CC, 5.2L, auto, 3.92 gears, two people, full gas tank, tools,
rigging equipment, jacks;
Trailer: double axle flat bed w/electric brakes,
His truck: '98 CC with tools plus four Thornbirds in the bed.
Cruisin' at 55mph. Wish I had pictures!